CEREC – Same Day Crowns In Fairfax, VA
In most cases, having a traditional crown placed takes at least two office visits or more. Also not to mention messy impressions and unreliable temporaries are often involved.
NOW, thanks to CEREC, you can provide your patients with Inlays, Onlays, Crowns, and Veneers in only one appointment. At Dr. Le’s office now, we’re excited to offer a one-visit crown using CEREC milling technology. Thanks to CEREC, procedures that once took multiple appointments can now be completed on the same day.
Q: WHAT IS CEREC?
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction and is a sophisticated system of designing and making high-quality, metal-free dental restorations in one patient visit. Developed by Sirona, CEREC utilizes 3D photography and CAD/CAM technology to assist a dentist in designing a virtual restoration (onlay, inlay, crown, or bridge) without taking impressions and, when combined with a milling unit, is able to build the actual restoration while you are still in the chair.
After being a “CEREC” doctor for almost a decade, I understand the value of what CEREC brings to a practice and a patient. That’s why we recently upgraded to the latest and greatest machine, the CEREC AC. This machine allows us to take digital impressions for restorations (no more gagging on impressions!) and make precise restorations that look excellent, fit perfectly, and last a long time — all out of biocompatible, metal-free materials and all in very little time (a typical crown appointment lasts less than 2 hours, and you don’t need to come back to finish the work… it’s all done in one visit).
Q: How long does my appointment will take?
Instead of the traditional one-hour or two visits that a crown procedure took, contact us today to book a single appointment for approximately two hours. Normally, it takes a little less than the full scheduled time.
Q: What is the advantage of CEREC?
- Convenience Only One Visit – Not Two
- Single Anesthetic Injection – (No need for another shot)
- No More Temporary Crowns
- No More Impression
- Everything can be done in the dentist’s office – no lab work
- Better fitting / Better-looking / Longer-lasting
Q: Do you always use CEREC for crowns?
Yes, we use CEREC for all crowns with most patients for their convenience.
Q: Can I watch the crown design during the process?
Absolutely yes, we welcome you to take photos and video during the crown design and milling process from start to end.
Q: What are the inlays / Onlays procedures?
- Dental inlays repair the chewing surface of your tooth. Our office may use dental inlays to repair teeth that have other restoration options such as a large dental filling. You can have your inlays created of tooth-colored porcelain or composite resin. Most inlays are more durable than composite or amalgam fillings. They are also less expensive than a dental crown.
- Your onlays may be made from various materials including porcelain, gold, and resin. The difference between these three materials is their appearance. It generally takes two visits to complete an onlay.
To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 703.349.7684!