Fastbraces® vs. Regular Braces at Fair City Mall Dental Care
Fairfax, VA Orthodontist Compares Teeth Straightening Options
It’s probably a safe assumption that most people would love to have straighter, whiter teeth. Most human beings want to be valued for their beauty as much as for their brains and personality. When you have crooked teeth, it can affect your self-esteem and confidence in yourself. Over time, this lack of confidence can affect how others perceive you, costing you job and social opportunities. Don’t let crooked teeth hold you back from achieving your dreams. Fair City Mall Dental Care offers Fastbraces® for Fairfax, VA patients seeking orthodontic treatment options that meet their lifestyle and budgetary needs. Read on to discover how Fastbraces® compare to regular braces and why you should consider them over other teeth straightening options!
Why Should I Consider Orthodontic Treatment for Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth are about more than just your self-esteem. Misaligned or overcrowded teeth can cause a host of health issues, including cavities, periodontal (gum) disease, bleeding gums, and overly-sensitive teeth. If ignored for too many years, problems with your bite can cause excessive wear-and-tear on your teeth and issues with your jaw. When you have gaps in-between your teeth, your mouth is also more susceptible to bacteria growth and plaque build-up. Seeking orthodontic treatment will not only help you straighten your teeth and feel better about your appearance, but it will also help make your teeth and gums healthier because you’re able to brush and floss them with easier access.
Consider These Advantages of Fastbraces®
Although Fastbraces® have been around for a few decades, many people aren’t as familiar with them as they are with Invisalign® or traditional wire braces. Fastbraces® have revolutionized the teeth straightening process in recent years. Here are a few of the many advantages offered by Fastbraces®:
- Faster Teeth Straightening – As their name implies, Fastbraces® take less time to straighten your teeth on average when compared to other alternatives. The average treatment time is less than a year, with many patients noticing results in as little as three months (about 100 days)!
- Less Awkward Than Wire Braces – Because Fastbraces® don’t rely on clunky metal brackets and wires to hold them securely in place, many patients find them more comfortable to wear. They apply less pressure on your teeth and gums without losing any effectiveness in their treatment.
- A Patented Design – While regular braces usually use square or rectangular brackets and metal wires, Fastbraces® use a patented triangular (elbow) shape and superelastic wire. In other words, Fastbraces® are usually more flexible and more comfortable than regular braces.
- Fewer Visits to the Dentist – Fastbraces® require fewer adjustments than traditional braces, meaning you won’t have to visit your dentist as often (not that we don’t enjoy seeing you!).
- Effective Orthodontic Treatment – Fastbraces® are an effective orthodontic treatment for many types of alignment issues. Whether you have an overbite, underbite, crooked teeth, or excessive gaps in-between your teeth, Fastbraces® will help you smile in confidence in no time!
- More Affordable Than You Think – Many patients are pleasantly surprised to discover Fastbraces® are more affordable than they had anticipated. Fewer dental visits and faster treatment times mean fewer bills to worry about from our dentists! Many dental insurance plans cover Fastbraces® costs at least partially to make them a viable solution for many patients.
Cons of Fastbraces® to Correct Your Crooked Teeth
While Fastbraces® provide a great orthodontic treatment option for many patients, they may not be suitable for everybody. There are a few cons associated with Fastbraces® that you should consider to make a well-informed decision when determining the best teeth straightening option for you:
- Mild Discomfort – Due to the speed at which Fastbraces® reposition your teeth, some patients may experience mild discomfort or itchiness in their gums and teeth. However, any discomfort experienced with Fastbraces® is usually minimal and only temporary.
- Not Suitable for Everybody – While Fastbraces® are generally considered a universal orthodontic treatment for both adults and children, they may not be suitable for everybody. A consultation is necessary to determine your eligibility.
- A Higher Cost Upfront – While you generally will save money with Fastbraces® in the long-term thanks to fewer adjustments and appointments, you may see a higher price tag upfront when compared with traditional braces.
Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions About Fastbraces® for more helpful information when trying to decide if Fastbraces® are right for you.
Contact Fair City Mall Dental Care in Fairfax, VA Today
Would you be interested in learning more about Fastbraces® at our Fairfax, VA dental office? Please contact Fair City Mall Dental Care to begin exploring your teeth straightening options today. A straighter, beautiful smile could be yours in just a few months thanks to our dentists and Fastbraces®!
Why Choose Us?
- Convenient Early, Late, and Saturday Hours
- Same Day Emergencies Welcome
- Works Great With Children
- Fastbraces® Orthodontics – Fast, Safe, Easy & Affordable
- Provides Complete Dental Implant Services
- Complete Dental Care in One Office