Tooth Infection Treatment in Fairfax, VA
Offering Treatment at the First Sign of Infection
Have you ever had a toothache? If so, you know how miserable it can make your day. But what if that toothache just wouldn’t go away? If this is the case for you, it’s time to talk to your dentist about tooth infection treatment. Many times, significant mouth pain is the result of infection and requires a dentist’s expertise as soon as possible. Fortunately, Fairfax, VA residents can count on Fair City Mall Dental Care for top-tier dental care. We offer an array of services to our patients, including dental cleanings, infection treatment, and prevention measures. Don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Types of Tooth Infection
There are several types of infections that can affect the mouth and teeth. Some are minor and don’t require urgent care, while others require immediate attention from a dentist. From painful abscesses to small canker sores, it’s helpful to know the basics about each common infection:
- Cavities: Cavities are among the most common tooth infections. As a result of tooth decay, these infections often require fillings.
- Periodontal Disease: Gum disease is another common type of infection. This condition affects the gum line and causes inflammation and bone tissue loss. It’s crucial to address these symptoms right away, as a periodontal abscess could form and cause further pain.
- Canker Sores: Canker sores are lesions in the mouth and along with the gum tissue that often causes mild to significant pain. They usually go away on their own, but if they last more than a few weeks, canker sores could require treatment.
- Gingival Abscesses: This infection affects the gums and causes significant mouth pain. However, the teeth and bone structure are usually untouched.
- Periapical Abscesses: This type of abscess begins in the root of the tooth and damages the pulp—the part of the tooth that contains the nerves and blood vessels. Periapical abscesses are quite painful and call for urgent care.
Recognize the Signs of a Tooth Infection
Tooth infection symptoms are typically easy to recognize. Nevertheless, if you don’t know what to look for, you can’t very well identify an infection. At Fair City Mall Dental Care, we recommend looking for the following signs of developing tooth infection:
- Throbbing pain
- Sharp pains when chewing
- Tooth sensitivity
- Swollen gums
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
Finding the Treatment That’s Best for You
Once we know what kind of infection you’re dealing with, we’ll recommend a treatment tailored to your needs. For most patients, we simply drain the abscess and clean up the area to prevent the further spread of the infection. Other patients might need more extensive treatment, such as a root canal. And yet other people might require a tooth extraction. Whatever your needs, rest assured that the team at Fair City Mall Dental Care can help. We’ll explain each treatment option and make sure you’re aware of any aftercare instructions. Your comfort is our priority, and we want you to feel safe and sound in our care.
Reach Out with Any Questions
Whether you’re dealing with a wisdom tooth infection, gum disease, or another infection, don’t wait to reach out to Fair City Mall Dental Care. We’re well-versed in all types of dental infections, and our team is dedicated to restoring your comfort and your smile. We know that many of these conditions are quite painful, and we make every effort to minimize your pain in the dentist’s chair. Our compassionate team strives to make you feel as relaxed as possible. While it can be tempting to put off treatment, time is of the essence. Get in touch with Fair City Mall Dental Care today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Us?
- Convenient Early, Late, and Saturday Hours
- Same Day Emergencies Welcome
- Works Great With Children
- Fastbraces® Orthodontics – Fast, Safe, Easy & Affordable
- Provides Complete Dental Implant Services
- Complete Dental Care in One Office